Porcelain stoneware tiles with high thickness are the best solution to realise outdoor paving, or urban renovation projects that involve the demolition and rebuilding of old concrete coverings, thanks to the highest standards in terms of performance, a wide selection of aesthetic choices, quality of the product and sustainability of materials.
Technical characteristics of high-thickness porcelain stoneware
Porcelain stoneware with high thickness (also called “spessorato” in Italian), provides high resistance and durability, making it suitable to any urban or outdoor paving project.
Here the main technical characteristics of porcelain stoneware with high thickness:
- high thickness porcelain stoneware boasts great resistance to loads. The best choice for drivable surfaces because endures the intense vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- porcelain stoneware surfaces are slip-proof. Such useful feature prevents the slipping effect or potential accidents caused by the slipperiness of the paving;
- high-thickness porcelain stoneware for outdoor is waterproof, thereby it does not deteriorate with humidity. Therefore, it is water and weathering resistant;
- high-thickness porcelain stoneware is frost-resistant. Therefore, it is not subject to the action of frost and it does not break up at low temperatures;
- high-thickness porcelain stoneware paving resists to thermal changes, which means that it is not subject to modifications due to the shock provoked by climate and weather change;
- high-thickness porcelain stoneware is manufactured through a production cycle with low environmental impact. It is obtained from a mixture of natural raw materials such as clay, it can be reused and disposed of without any risk for the environment;
Pioneering solutions for outdoor paving: porcelain stoneware with thicknesses of 3 cm, 5 cm and 6.5 cm
Most of the outdoor paving solutions available on the market include porcelain stoneware products with a thickness up to 2 cm (20 mm).
These types of products are not suitable to drivable areas subject to heavy loads and, therefore, it is important to rely on higher thicknesses.
Did you know that there are cutting-edge porcelain stoneware products with a thickness higher than 2 cm?
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor offers this opportunity thanks to the selection of porcelain stoneware tiles with high-thicknesses, i.e. 3 cm (30 mm), 5 cm (50 mm) and even 6.5 cm (65 mm) able to resist such stresses, unimaginable for any ceramic surface so far.
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness porcelain stoneware: types of sizes
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness coverings are available in various sizes and aesthetic choices, offering many hints when planning outdoor pavings.
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness porcelain stoneware, with a thickness of 3 cm (30 mm), is available in the sizes:
Instead, if you choose the Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness porcelain stoneware, with a thickness of 5 cm (50 mm), the sizes available are:
Finally, the Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness porcelain stoneware of 6.5 cm (65 mm), is available in the sizes:
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor high-thickness porcelain stoneware is a pioneering product thanks to the variety of available thicknesses and, above all, to its inner sustainability. These high-tech porcelain stoneware coverings are manufactured by recovering up to 30% of inert materials coming from other production processes.
Grestone® Urban Pavings & Outdoor is the truly one-of-a-kind porcelain stoneware with high thickness.
Let yourself be inspired by the several solutions of Grestone® for your sustainable construction projects.